H.E. Ebrahim Obaid Al Zaabi
Insurance Authority Director General
- Occupies the position of the Director General of the UAE Insurance Authority (IA) since 2013
- Enjoys extensive expertise in occupational and administrative work, which extends for more than 20 years. He started his career in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority in 1993 , Where he spent eight years and occupied several positions, including the manager of internal investment funds. He moved in early 2002 to work in Securities & Commodities Authority (SCA) as Deputy CEO.
- The great and prominent role and contribution to many important national projects in both the domestic and national levels, he was appointed as a board member of various committees between SCA, the Ministry of Economy and the Central Bank of UAE.
- He is a member of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) for the second consecutive session.
- He was elected over the past years as a member of several committees of the Ministry of Economy, the Central Bank of Emirates, Securities & Commodities Authority (SCA) and the Arab Councils.
- He participated in many international conferences in the fields of insurance, financial markets, economic development, public administration and others.
- He is a graduate of California State University, USA with a Bachelor in Public Administration and Business Administration.